Sunday, June 10, 2012

pizza with radish greens

The picture you see at the side is not so different from many pizzas I have made.  However, for the first time we tried eating not just the radishes but also the radish greens.  This summer has started off as an exploration of vegetable greens and my next entry will talk about turnip greens.  But, for today, here is the recipe.  And, while I made the mistake of not taking any pictures of the preparation, I can say that my twelve year old is responsible for this as I was not really excited about greens but he thought it would be great to try.  It was!

So, begin with a dough to make a 16 inch pizza.  (If you need a recipe, I can post that as well).  The toppings for this included fresh mozzarella, smoked mozzarella, pepperoni, fresh tomatoes, radishes, and radish greens.  Everything other than the radish greens is pretty straightforward.  To prepare the greens, just saute them with a bit of crushed garlic in olive oil.  Spread all the toppings evenly and bake. Hope you will enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment