Thursday, August 12, 2010

Stir fry on bagels

Today, I sent my soon to be 11 year old on his first walking mission to get one thing at the grocery store.  Of course, I walked to get my parents stuff from the store when I was 11, but it was in 1981 and I had to go only around the corner.  I am proud of my middle son as he got there and back safely, handled the money properly, and asked the employee when he could not find what he was looking for.  What did I send him for?  Heavy duty aluminum foil.  Why?  We needed it to bake bacon with dinner.

Dinner tonight was stir fried squash served with crispy bacon and grated Muenster cheese on an open faced homemade bagel.  The recipe was my creation.  My oldest son did most of the cooking.  And the combination was enjoyed by all.

I am so proud of my boys.  I don't know what I'll do once they are back in school and they have less time to spend cooking.  I think it will be nice when I don't have so many days per week to go to the chiropractor.  While he has been a great help and become a good friend as well as an important influence on my health and training, I will be glad to get to a point at which I will have only one visit per week rather than three.

No comments:

Post a Comment