Friday, September 4, 2009

A day of leftovers and a potluck

Yesterday's cooking was well received by everyone in my family.  The crusty Italian rolls were the best I had made thus far in about six tries.  The lunches that my 13 year old made in the morning and that my wife for herself and our four year old later, were the best lunches we'd had in a while.  The heirloom tomatoes were excellent and adding a little hard salami with the tomatoes and fresh mozzarella just made the sandwiches awesome.

When I got home from work, I grilled yellow squash and zucchini using our George Foreman grill.  The veggies with a little salt and olive oil were excellent grilled.  Not quite the same as grilling over charcoal, but great nevertheless.  We served those and more fresh cut heirloom tomatoes with the last seven rolls from yesterday morning.  It was a great dinner.  My 13 year old thought that my presentation of the vegetables (when the rest of the family arrived home from the chiropractor) was with the intent of blogging.  It wasn't, but the picture is good.



Today, we have enough leftovers from the pasta and vegetables two days ago and the veggies yesterday that we are well taken care of for lunch.  For breakfast, I ran out of time to cook all the crepe batter at breakfast yesterday.  I'll make a little more batter this morning to make sure we have enough and serve that for breakfast.  Dinner will be at a birthday party/potluck.  For that, I am making Lion House Rolls (an awesome recipe) and the dough is already rising.

No comments:

Post a Comment