Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pretzels and Bread

So, the boil before baking pretzels I made last night got mixed reviews.  Daniel and I liked them.  The older boys did not.  I told the older boys to give them one more chance before we go back to the old egg wash/bake only recipe.  I was in a rush by the time they finished baking last night and put them in a contained to store before they were fully cooled.  A little soggy from condensation this morning.  If you are interested in the recipe you can find it here.  It pays to make sure the pan is well greased and the pretzels are as dry as possible after boiling and before you put them on the pan. I have to agree with other FB friends who have said that boiling first makes all the difference in the consistency when they are done.

This evening, I was thinking of trying a whole wheat challah recipe.  I didn't have enough eggs.  So, in the end I made m now standard whole wheat, honey, corn meal bread recipe--but I braided the loaves just to make them look pretty.  We'll see if I got them the right consistency for a good meal in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment